View Single Post
Old 05-12-2004, 07:57 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Well since my current (being summer) ride has a 345hp V8 with a 6-speed...I think I can certainly put in my 2 cents.

You would not believe the manner of vehicles that attempt to race me. Everyday, no matter what i'm doing, if i'm in the T/A, it seems every kid with an even remotely sporty car thinks they have something to prove. My rule is I don't race unless I know they have a chance of beating me. Gas is just too expensive to waste on riced out imports that can't hang. Even with a worthy challenger, if there's a car in sight ahead of me, forget it. In those cases, I lock up the rear and dispense smoke from my 275/45ZR's to let them know what kind of car they are lined up with...then wave them on.

I've been through several high performance driving/racing classes, and even raced in a few sanctioned events. I have a real respect for the pro's and con's of excessive speed. More importantly I know what can happen when disaster strikes.

It's simple...the decision to race or not is yours, but remember when you decide to risk your life to prove yourself, you could be risking the lives of others - do you really want that on your conscience?

In the end it's your choice, no one else can tell you if you are right or wrong, so just ignore them.