View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Alleged User

Registered SVX
Re: Who let all this riff raff into the room?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
Wow, big shocker, you go back and blame everyone else. We suggested how many different ways to possibly fix the problem.
I personally would rather have it this way, but give us mods that are actually on here full power to clean up the vendor section as well. I don't mind the crap. It gets cleaned up. But taking 2+ months for account approval is not "a little time" as you put it. And it's not like there wasn't already more spam on in the past year or so compared to years ago anyway.
Agreed. If new members cannot join the forum, they will go somewhere that they can easily get approved and start posting. This isn't the only SVX forum, and if you keep sending new members elsewhere due to this problem, this site will die - with or without the spam.

I'm no web expert, but it can't be that difficult when every other forum I join is able to both approve new members quickly and keep out the spam.

And for the record, I'd take the spam over the increased lack of activity due to unapproved new members any day...

1997 SVX LSi Bordeaux Pearl
1995 SVX L AWD Polo Green - 277k miles
1986 Pontiac Fiero 3.4L Twin Dual Cam V6

Last edited by Coan; 12-03-2012 at 12:22 AM.