View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 08:41 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
I love how Bush haters blame everything on him, as if he is the first president to have a relationship with corporations.

The reason for oil prices are simple:

Price of crude oil is influenced by oil production, the stock market, and politics.

Gas companies make profit in refining crude oil into gasoline, heating oil, natural gas. They do not profit from crude oil prices. They buy at market prices. Oil companies profit from oil prices. Some corporations own both. Most of them are publicly traded which means that anyone who has a retirement fund, You most likely own stock in oil companies, so you are the evil corporation profiting from higher prices.

Distribution: It costs money to get things from point A to point B.

Taxes: 18-35 cents per gallon goes to federal, federal, and local taxes.

Did you know that when OPEC was first formed, it was run by America? We tried to swindle the oil countries, they figured it out and we have been paying for it ever since.

Personally, I'd want a president that has good relations with the people who control oil production, not a president who chastises them and won't work with them.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker