View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 07:48 AM
Certified Porschephile

The American Red Cross is my favorite charity. We had a 5 alarm fire here last week, and the local ARC was on scene in less then 2 hours giving out food and water to the displaced residents and us working the scene (fire, police, & ems).
As for gas prices, it amazes me how fast the Bush haters are blaming him for the rise in prices because of a natural disaster. I didn't know Bush could make hurricanes. Maybe he should have used one in Iraq. A guy I work with grew up in a gas station his grandfather and then his dad ran. He said the more gas costs, then less on average the family made. If gas stabilizes around $2.25 for regular it will be along the lines of inflation and rise in domestic earnings. 10 years ago a new Honda cost $15k, I made $25k at my job and gas was $1.25. Now a new Honda Accord cost $25k, I make $55k and gas is $2.50. It just hurts because it rose so fast in such a short time. If it had been going up steadily along with new cars, homes, clothes, and income, it wouldn't have been noticed. And it still costs less then a gallon of milk.