View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 06:11 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXtra
Here we have an administration that is more willing to tap into the nations strategic petroleum reserve than to call the presidents of big oil together in the white house and ask them to lower there price gouging in our nations interests. The next thing we will see from big oil are the creation of false shortages followed by gas lines intended to drive the prices up even higher. I have numerous references for you benebob but the pages are copyrighted. So out of respect for the author I will not post them but you can easily find the information by doing a simple search at The Center for Public Integrity's web site. The amounts being given to prominent republicans by big oil even in 2004 are shocking. The amounts given to prominent democrats in 2004 pale in compression. Our country is in trouble now. Because we as a nation do not have a coherent energy policy. Or an administration in its second term willing to develope one. Even if its in our nations best interest's. Even if it hurts working family's.
I read went to your site and NO WHERE ON IT DOES IT SAY THAT OIL IS THE BIGGEST CONTRIBUTOR TO BUS because funny thing is it isn't! Just because more money was given to Republicans then Democrats doesn't mean that it isn't the largest contributor to both WHICH IT IS LIKE I STATED, maybe Democrats higher cheaper prostitutes.

Did you know that oil companies make the same per gallon of gas sold for the most part regardless of the price of gas? You're statements are SO way off that maybe you need to take some classes in macro economics to understand what is driving the price of gas up currently. The biggest thing at the moment is PANIC.

My familiy is a working family. Of everybody here I'm probably hurt the most by higher oil and gas prices since I am self employed and NEED (NOT WANT) to drive a truck for work. Do you need to drive an SVX that averages less than the CAFE standand? if so, then why are you complaining about a president who wants to increase that CAFE which Clinton did not? It isn't like you care to conserve now so obviously you expect others to conserve for ya. I just think you're way off base in your blame, the site that you reference is laughable in its integrity just like any other similar site just try using such a site in a real research paper and you'd be laughed off the face of the earth but again it still doesn't say OIL IS BUSH'S #1 contributor but obviously you need to read between the lines of the dubious numbers the site uses and you need to understand the market and how people are acting before jumping to conclusions about an oil policy that I'm sure you haven't even read (it is available you know) but are fine bashing because its the thing to do.