View Single Post
Old 12-03-2002, 07:19 PM
Superbeast

This is kind of a strange one to figure out , I wish I could actually see it. First off it wouldn,t really be cheaper to just make it front wheel drive because unless you changed the rear spindals you would still need the axle shafts to keep the wheel bearing together and then you would still have to have the rear end to hold the other half of the shafts. So lets start with the fact that if you had mismatched tires or even gears some how, the ceter diff in the tranny would probly explode first. lets assume that you did put and have oil in the rear end, and that it was the right stuff 75/90, I still have never seen a rear end catch on fire, I'v seen something come apart inside and cause let to explode, I'v seen them run out of oil make bad noises and spin bearings, but not catch on fire. So is it posible that maybe the axle seals were leaking on the exaust and started the fire, is there an exaust leak near the rearend. There has to be a good reson for this to happen , but just make shure you fix it right , and good luck don't give up it still an awsome car.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!