View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 08:49 PM

My progress so far

Well I picked up an SVX with a JDM STI Type RA 6speed in it. The car is just a blast but it really needed a lot of TLC. So far this is where I have gotten.

This is when I got it a month ago;

Two weeks into owning it;

And now (month into it);

I did all of the body work, its my first full body job by my self so its not as straight as i wanted it to be (still some dents I couldnt get out) but I am REALLY happy with how it turned out. The color is Copper red from a 2008 Mazda MX-5.

The car has the Smallcar clear headlights and corner lights... 1997 SVX grill, JDM warehouse lip, BBS RSGT replica wheels. The wheels will be going black with a red lip.

As for the engine..

Right now the car has a gutted secondary cat and gutted muffler (its still quiet but sounds good under throttle). It has a ECUtune stage1 installed and I have the Nissan 370cc injectors and Z32 maf sensor to go to stage 2, im just waiting for my new chip to get here.

From there I have this that will be going on at the same time:

Garrett 60-1 Turbocharger
Tial 50mm blow off valve
turbo Smart 38mm wastegate
stealth FMIC

And I will be building a 3" exhaust for the the car from the turbo till axel back where it will split into two 2.5" pipes with mufflers...

I should be installing the turbo next weekend.

For the interior I have kept it mostly stock. I have started to turn the grey to black. The carpet is all black now and I am waiting for my leather black dye to come in from NU Leather (they have awesome reviews and it is suppose to last the life of the leather as long as its conditioned). I have installed an STI aluminum shifter trim and shift boot as well as an OEM STI shift knob. The fake wood grain will be going satin black.

Let me know what you guys think!

1992 RHD WRX: EJ20G, 16G, Cusco Coilovers, Wilwood 4pot/2pot brakes, Defi Genome 60mm gauges, Exotic speed downpipe, 3.5" A'PEXi spec GT catback