View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 05:08 PM
After 200, it's all the same.

Oh NoEs... SRT Style Yo!

As we all know the SRT 4 NEON (underlined because it is still a worthless neon in my books) has hit it off well amongst the people of America. Consider it affordable power if you will. I am at an ends with this new insurgence of Neon. With that said, let me tell you a little story.

I was racing at Firebird raceway last weekend, when in the staging lanes, a guy in the car behind me approaches and askes me to ponder the thought of racing him with his Neon. With those last words, a smile crossed my face and I replied with an accepting answer. I turn around to look at this Neon, mostly to question what has been done to it. As I catch my first glimpse of said Neon, I notice a hood scoop and the ever omnipresent "Supra" spoiler.

My smile quickly faded from my face to discover that I had so cordially accepted a race with an SRT 4.

FAST FORWARD 5 MINUTES TO THE RACE.

We line up. The light turns green, and we are both off. 60 ft mark-I had him
330 ft. mark- i had him 1/8th mile- owning him 1/4 mile- complete embarrasment. I grabbed my time slip and waited for him to catch up. He pulled up next to me, and said "Well, that was no surprise." When asked why he didn't leave me in the dust, he replied, "This isn't a real SRT 4. I bought it new this way. It's the '05 SRT Style Neon SXT."

I'm the kind of guy who pays attention to detail, and why I never even thought of checking to see if it had that nice FMIC. Oh well, a win is a win, and don't stress out it a Neon pulls up next to you reving his engine. Look for the body lines and make the call from there on whether you should be laughing or crying at the rice boy beside you.

Keith

1992 Pearly 187K and climbing (11-91) #964 *retired

1992 Pearl SVX 122500 miles #86 FASTAR THAN THE OLD ONE.*SOLD

Everytime I get into my car, it always reminds me that it has POWER