View Single Post
Old 06-16-2003, 03:06 PM
MINEZ BETTER

well see it this way.

rod knock is do to stress on the upper bushing were the pin mates, where to size the thrust pin and the solid bearing no longer meets the specification of being fully squared, meaning a perfect circle, same goes on the bottom of the rod where it mates to the crankshaft

lack of lubrication will heat up the bottom of the rod where it meets the crank shaft first. meaning the bearings would seize up, and when it cools down, the hole is bigger than it was hot. boom rod knocks.

if a piston collides with the valves and thinking that it was the reason of a rod knock, would be impossible, threw my eyes that ive never seen that before, but to only see the piston, will be dented on the dome, the top parts of the piston, or i will have a hole on the dome resulting loss of compression, now if you had that your car woulnt be running right at all

lack of lubrication is what i assume is the cause, doing the seals on the engine would be a minimal loss of oil only to be toped off.

if you want me to e-mail soa i will ask the tech department your question on interference, so you can be one hundred percent that it is not a collide motor.
white leathers, h.i.d, ecutune S/C stage 4, 14 inch 2piece rotors big brake kit., , msd ignition, c/f dash kit, front spoiler,carbon fiber jdm rearc wing,19 inch rims, nos, , aem fuel regulater, koni-gc package, ported cylinder heads, supercharger cams,solid buck and shims,wrx sti intake valve and exhaust valves,& valve springs, gas analizer,water injection, exhaust temp gauge, idiglo gauges, shift kit, , remote start, all automatic windows,2.5 inch true dual exhaust system with crossover, and 2 borla stainless steal muffler,air filter velocity air stack 3inch to 6 for air filtre, group n mounts, momo steering wheel, dyno will happan soon