View Single Post
Old 03-21-2003, 08:56 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Re: What's wrong with the security council

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncamitzi

The United States (US) did go through the UN! The original UN Resolution was (761?) past right after the 1991 war and demanded "Immediate" disarmament. 11 years later, after Iraq did absolutely nothing to disarm, the UN past 1441.....again calling for "Immediate" disarmament....... 3 months (4?) past and nothing was resolved again...... were we going to wait for Saddam to die of old age and have his TWO son's (who by all accounts are as ruthless and despicable as the father) inherit the country, kill more Kurds... make more WMD's? Perhaps Start WWIII ? No, we reserved the right after the first war.. which never really ended... to go in and continue the disarmament of a despot.... Our Administration has exercised that duty... when the rest of the world abdicated their responsibility...
With these idiot demonstrators getting violent... I would bet that more people are hurt and killed by and because of the "peace niks" than will be killed by the war.... sad.. that's what is sad..
Well said. I can certainly relate to and agree with your frustration. I didn't want this war to happen, either, but at some point the 'last resort' really becomes the 'last resort.' People (in this country as well as others) calling us trigger-happy war-mongers don't seem to remmeber or realize that the issue of Iraqi disarmament is not a new one. We didn't give diplomacy a half-hearted attempt over a few months - we tried for 12 years to get the job done.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE