Thread: MP3 Player...
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
Heh... me, I have an iPod. I didn't think I'd use it much, but I've especially found since I started subscribing to podcasts I find I much prefer listening to them in the car on my way back and forth to work than the crap that's on the radio. Plus, they're always refreshing and new... like talk radio with only the occasional ad... and some REALLY useful info.

My daily collection usually consists of BBC Radio podcasts, BBC World Service, This Week in Tech, Macbreak Weekly and Windows Weekly... usually by the time I've listened to all them (the first two are updated daily), new episodes are available.

One of the things I hope to do now that I'm fixing up my SVX is to install a better stereo system. The current one's OK (not stock), but I need new speakers and a head unit with at least a line in (for my iPod)... ideally a dock connector.

My Volvo has an iPod dock (one of the reasons I bought the iPod)... it allows me to control my iPod from my normal stereo controls. Very nice... and I do miss it a little when I'm in my SVX using an FM transmitter to interface with the radio. It's OK... but sometimes my Crackberry interferes with it