View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 07:31 PM

Registered SVX
Re: soon to be back in a SVX again

Thank you much Tapani. That link is what I need.

fig 84, shows the points. looking at 41.26 inches from major datum to the center core..........I will be able to make use of that diagram...

even though the pic looks like too me it's not that severe, in the past, my experience it is always worse off than you plan it to be, always plan for much more damage than you can hope for......so more cost to repair.

Hopefully the car will get here by next week......

It's been about 4 years since I have been on here with a SVX. Wasn't there someone local to me in WI that had a bunch of SVX parts and always parting? Guess, I will hope some of the yards around here that back in the day had some, still have parts......maybe this rebuild will be more challenging than I am ready for.

My 04 Outback that was hit in front, was a sway/side hit and it pushed everything one way, whereas this one looks direct center, which I am hopeful that is the case...alot easier to deal with.

My first SVX was a 92 ls-l, which I wish I would have researched a little more before I got it. I did research enough to find one with a replaced trans, bearings, etc. But, it had its share of issues (security module wouldn't learn a new fob, air bag light would be lit unless it was a warm day, and the replaced trans had a strange thing, among other things)

So, I will hopefully be a little bit more happy with a 97 lsi, and maybe won't have a huge ton of money in it to be fearful of it getting a few scratches, door dings, etc when it is left in a parking lot.
97 SVX Lsi 70k
2003 s2000
91 RT4WD 166K

Last edited by bheinen74; 09-30-2014 at 07:59 PM.