View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 06:01 PM

Registered SVX
Re: soon to be back in a SVX again

I am looking to have someone provide me some measurements for a SVX that has never been wrecked in the front.
This is the picture from auction on the one I have on the way. It was smacked dab center, high, above the bumper but into the upper radiator support.

When I redid my CR-Z with similar hit, I just went to the dealer with a tape measure and pad pad of paper at drew out the schematics/distance measured from the upper shock tower bolts, and some of the fender bolts, to the front radiator core support, brackets to hold the radiator in place, left and right, criss cross, etc.

I can't simply go to the dealer, or anyone around here to compare.
someone that has some free time, and wants to earn my brownie points, give me some measurements......thanks

I realize, that once I get a good hood, i can fit it to the latch, but I want to be as close to factory measurements, and I do this with a come along, some metal brackets/metal bars, and lots of patience. My BRAT or a tree usually serves as anchor point for the come along, that way the vehicle I pull is in one spot, I can just maneuver that BRAT around for different pull angles.....
97 SVX Lsi 70k
2003 s2000
91 RT4WD 166K

Last edited by bheinen74; 09-30-2014 at 06:04 PM.