View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 04:45 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Agree

Quote:
Originally posted by sperry

So you're saying that a '94 LSi, with a clean title, new paint, new windshield, new headlights, new grill, new sidemarkers, new brakes, recently rebuilt tranny, strong engine, and a perfect interior is only worth $3400 because of the mileage?

I understand what you're saying about the mileage scaring off uninformed buyers, but I'm sure on a site full of informed buyers, such as this one, I would expect to get closer to $5000 for the car. Which is basically what I'm looking for... examples of nice SVX's selling for higher prices.
I think it's pretty clear what he was saying.

As for the rarity, it unfortunately doesn't increase the price. That's only half of the supply and demand equation. Since there's little demand, values are low. We'd all love for our SVXs to be worth a lot because they're rare. But the fact is that they're not.

As for expecting people on this site to pay more than the 'average person' for a car we know a lot about, are you serious? You might be able to convince somebody who isn't familiar with the car that it's worth more, but we know what they're really selling for.

Anyway, it sounds to me like you got in an accident with your car. I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully everybody involved is okay. The insurance company will likely total your car now. That sucks, and I feel badly for you. I would be sad in the same situation. But I would also expect to get nowhere near what the car is worth to me.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE