View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 04:35 PM
$1 is just $1, but $2 = nachos

Re: Agree

Quote:
Originally posted by lhopp77
I agree with the insurance company. That is about the maximum you could expect to get from an individual sale. The high mileage hurts it and unfortunately the things you have done to it do not really increase the value---just improve chances of sale.

The rarity of the car is not a selling point unfortunately, either. People who do not know what it is would be scared by the mileage. Those that know what it is know the value and what they are selling for.

Lee
So you're saying that a '94 LSi, with a clean title, new paint, new windshield, new headlights, new grill, new sidemarkers, new brakes, recently rebuilt tranny, strong engine, and a perfect interior is only worth $3400 because of the mileage?

I understand what you're saying about the mileage scaring off uninformed buyers, but I'm sure on a site full of informed buyers, such as this one, I would expect to get closer to $5000 for the car. Which is basically what I'm looking for... examples of nice SVX's selling for higher prices.