View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 04:01 PM
$1 is just $1, but $2 = nachos

How much is my SVX worth?

Okay, short version of the story:

My '94 Barcelona Red LSi is in the shop for a sand damage claim. Shop's repair estimate, $3400, is over 75% of the value that my insurance company says the car is worth... also "about" $3400.

So, I'm wondering if my SVX is really that low in value, considering all the work that I just finished doing.

Does anyone have some comps on a vehicle similar to this?

- 1994 Subaru SVX LSi
- 190,000 miles (ouch!)
- motor runs like new (doesn't burn or leak any oil, recently checked out by an SVX expert mechanic)
- tranny rebuilt by said mechanic, works great
- new brakes all around (w/ StopTech slotted front rotors!)
- new RF axle (the CV was torn when I bought it in Sept, and a new axle was cheaper than the labor to replace just the CV)
- interior is immaculate, only the driver's seat has a tiny bit of wear... the rest is showroom
- brand new paint, windshield, headlights, side markers, and grill (at least that's what the sand damage claim will repair)

So, what's a car like that go for? Edmunds puts the TMV at $4500 for dealer retail, and $2500 for private party. So perhaps that blue book value from the insurance company isn't so far off... but blue book doesn't take into account the car's rarity. I certainly wouldn't sell it for only $2500 because I know how hard it would be to replace her w/ an equivalent car for that much.

So if anyone can point me to some recent SVX sales (I looked in the For Sale forum and didn't find what I was looking for) you might be able to help me get my paint damage repaired!

Thanks in advance.