View Single Post
Old 09-16-2004, 02:17 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Re: Re: Acceleration problems...please help me find a solution

Quote:
Originally posted by PhatWeasel

Soobie...

Were you ever able to resolve this issue? My '95 is doing almost exactly the same thing. When I go to pass someone in a totally platonic, non street racing fashion, and press hard on the Go-button, the engine just chokes up, Granny Mode kicks in and I accelerate like a Rascal with low batteries. Same thing around corners when I lay into it. Not every time mind you, usually after sitting in traffic for a few minutes and occasionally it just starts misbehaving without any 'triggers'. It's not consistent enough to pinpoint the exact cause though.

If you get a moment, could you list what you have done to fix/attempt to fix the problem? I'll try and start working from the other end of the spectrum, and see if we can't figure this one out with the least amount of capital.

I'll reread this thread and look for other ideas.
Well there are a few things that it could be. I havent tackled the problem yet but i have a good idea what the problems are. This is what i will be doing when i can get enough money...

1. Clean the throttle body
2. Inspect spark plugs
3. Change O2 sensors and fuel filter

I am going to clean the throttle body before i do anything because that may in fact be my problem. A member did PM me and tell me he had the same problems with his '93. He told me he replaced the O2 sensors and fuel filter and its working great now. But do clean the throttle body before ya do anything else. I just have no time which is why i havent gotten around to it. But this problem only happens in very hot nasty weather. The car runs pretty great for the most part in cold weather.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network