View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 08:46 PM

The Plan is luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
Ah Max, now I see your cunning plan. You wait around for years until you get a low mileage one.

I was wondering how you got lucky enough to get such a low miles Stag and wonderfully cared for Mazda RX4.

Now I see that it is not luck, just a cunning plan.

Well for the SVX at least I got you beat as they might say a few kilometres south of you; my latest Silver '92 has 38000 miles all up.

That's close to 2,500 miles a year versus your 4000 a year for the Ebony.

As I said in the other thread, congratulations and enjoy the car. I know you will pamper it and we can help you with any problems.

[1stSubaruparts.com for parts]

Joe
Hello Joe

The plan is luck. I seam to always land on low miles one owner cars. My one owner 74 Mazda RX4 was an accidental find as the ad came out in the wrong place and I happen to look in the wrong place. I used to own a 74 Alfa GTV that was also a one owner with original title that I came across the web ad minutes after it was put up that when I called for the car the owner was so confused by my call not understanding how fast the net worked-chance. My 72 Triumph STAG with 36000 original miles car was also a nice find. Now my Subi. I love original unrestored and unmodified cars. I like to drive them in their original state experiencing the engineering limitations of the manufactures of the era. Any car can be modified to be something else but it can only be original once and its function and representation as a model can only be from its original state. Don't get me wrong here, I appreciate modified cars and the interesting way new technology can adapt to the older and improve on it but I prefer the original form.

Thanks

Max

Last edited by maxg765; 01-23-2008 at 08:57 PM. Reason: corrections