Old 12-11-2006, 03:14 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tone
Hello all!

As Joe anticipated (PM'd you) the color of my SVX is Bright Yellow and color code is 518.
It was bought in Germany and it is a late July 1996 sold model.
ID plate picture finally in my locker.

In the meantime I tried to get more info to add to this thread and found so far two documents which may help.

One is a 93 German catalogue downloaded from the German Subaru website (checked and they're not available anymore ).
This one has 5 color names and codes on the lower right corner of page 3 of the pdf document.
Color codes in there are two digit but it looks like they stand for the last two of the standard three digit Subaru color code.
Oddly these colors do not match the same posted before by paddlesnz which were also taken from a 93 Deutsche catalogue but maybe there were a few different ones distributed...

The second doc is a page from a set of scanned pages (not by me) from a so called "European catalogue".
I don't remember from where I took it but I uploaded a double page which shows on the right side six color rectangles and below each one the color name and code.
Unfortunately the resolution is not so good but with the right zooming and a good screen I believe all the related info can be retrieved and confirmed.
At least I managed to confirm the Bright Yellow color code before I confirmed it later on the ID plate of my car so...
Also maybe somebody else has this catalogue in a better resolution or even in print and can upload in his locker a nice set of high resolution scans for our records?

Anyway this is all I can contribute as of now.

I'll keep peeking in and looking as much as I can into my dispersed files.
I'll keep bringing what I may find.

Cheers!!

Paulo
Thanks Paulo

You may have got the European catalogue [read English] from James' site. I found the codes hard to read on it too.

We had already confirmed the Yellow as #518. You should download the latest version of the spreadsheet from John. It is starting to get coherent.

If our German speaking members respond, we may be able to get scans from them of the colour charts offered in the region. I could be wrong in this assumption, from a marketing standpoint it may have made sense to offer the same vehicle choice in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, they are all German speaking countries and LHD.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl