View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 09:15 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsvx
FYI i ran 13.1 @ 102 with the stock turbo just bolt ons the video is in my locker
That's not impressive to me as bolt-ons are easy to come by for a WRX and not an SVX. Imagine if there was no Cobb Tuning, or bolt-on exhaust & intake systems, etc. Getting your WRX to go from a mid 14 stock to a 13 flat would be a bigger undertaking...

Btw, weight has nothing to do with the performance potential of a car - so why do you keep mentioning it? Ever heard of the Skyline GT-R? Check the curb weight for the R34 V-spec models and you'll see stock-for-stock, the SVX is within 100lbs of it.

Besides, I'm sure PhastSVX's and Mikecg's SVXs weigh under 3,500lbs (w/o driver), would run circles around most WRXs out there and have less than 12-14K in total investment (incl/ price of the car) which won't even buy you an Impreza 2.5i...

-Chike

P.S. Here's a link to specs of the R-34 Skyline GT-R Vspec: http://www.skylinegtr.com/SPECS.html A similar 5/6spd SVX will weigh under 3,500lbs. Even an automatic awd L model is within 100lbs of the skyline's curb weight (my former 96 and Mychailo's '95 both weighed in at 3,490lbs on a scale)

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)

Last edited by Chiketkd; 03-23-2006 at 09:25 AM.