View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004, 08:48 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Re: stebro exhaust question

Quote:
Originally posted by fait_svx
Anybody know if there is a way to get a deeper sound with the stebro. I didnt order the secondary cat replacement(euro resonator) since I heard that it'll make me fail emisions. I tried bringing it to a shop here in milwaukee to get the stock cat hollowed out but, the dude wouldnt touch it. Is there any other way to deepen the tone and keep the exhaust emissions at a legal level? Or is that impossible?
In short: NO.... If you bought a Stebro without the center resonator and don't want to loose your third car then there really isn't anything that ya can do to make it deeper... I bought the Euro Resionator and I LOVE the sound!!!... IMHO, if you forked out the money for the Stebro exhaust, don't try to modify it... If ya don't like the sound just sell it to someone and do a custom exhaust... But lots of people love the sound of the Stebro... Mine sounds like a mini Ferrari Testarosa

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...