Thread: I gave in...
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2002, 09:27 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

I agree with Mike. I would have held out if I had to. But since it was so nice out and since the roads were pretty clean and since the car needed to be washed anyway, I didn't have to.

BTW I bought a foo-foo duster like the one you had at AutoFest. It was on clearance at Target. As a matter of fact, stock up on car-care stuff at Target - they're getting rid of last year's stuff and I'm sure it's just fine. I bought a whole complement of Meguiar's stuff.
Yeah, yeah, yeah . . . whatever!

I really need to go to K-Mart and pick up some "Back to Black." It's a "restorer" that brings the black, back to your plastic and rubber trim. The plastic piece under my windows is really beginning to look ratty. It looks fine as long as I can pour the armorall to it, but, I don't think that's really good for it. Although, I've not personally used "Back to Black" I've heard it is an excellent restorative -- we'll see. Speaking of Meguiar's, there is a product I never see in the stores, "Meguiar's Plastic Bumper Restorer." I used to use this on those big bullet bumpers on my 80 Spitfire (All black plastic covered) and it was EXCELLENT! It would, in all liklihood work well on my black trim, but, alas, I can't find it. The only reason I had it before, was, because a friend of mine used to work for the Meguiar's plant in Tennesee and had a stock of it in his garage.

Glad to see you finally give in and bought the "California Duster" (sounds SOOOO Much better than "foo foo duster"). I don't think you'll be disappointed, especially since alls you'll have to do is swipe the garage queen down now and again to keep her clean after washing.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI