Thread: Real Engineers
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 11:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Real Techs

Being an Electronics Tech and not and engineer, I had to make the Engineering set-up work for me.

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy
Real Techs...

Real Engineers consider themselves well dressed if their socks match.
Real Techs help Engineers match their socks.

Real Engineers buy their spouses a set of matched screwdrivers for their birthday.
Real Techs remind Engineers about their spouses birthday.

Real Engineers wear moustaches or beards for "efficiency". Not because they're lazy.
Real Techs repair the Engineers razor.

Real engineers have a non-technical vocabulary of 800 words.
Real Techs translate the Engineers non-technical vocabulary to something resembling English.

Real Engineers think a "biting wit" is their fox terrier.
Real Techs train the fox terrier.(To bite Engineers)

Real Engineers know the second law of thermodynamics - but not their own shirt size.
Real Techs have to make the Engineer fit in their shirt no matter what size they buy.

Real Engineers repair their own cameras, telephones, televisions, watches, and automatic transmissions.
Real Techs make the cameras, telephones, televisions, watches, and automatic transmissions work after the Engineer fixes them.

Real Engineers say "It's 77 degrees Fahrenheit, 25 degrees Celsius, and 298 Kelvin," and all you say is "Isn't it a nice day."
Real Techs make the thermostat read 77 degrees Fahrenheit, 25 degrees Celsius, and 298 Kelvin even though the glass of water by it has frozen, because the Engineer side to.

Real Engineers give you the feeling you're having a conversation with a dial tone or busy signal.
Real Techs fix the phones so that having a conversation with a dial tone or busy signal makes sense.

Real Engineers wear badges so they don't forget who they are. Sometimes a note is attached saying "Don't offer me a ride today. I drove my own car."
Real Techs printed the badges worn by Engineers saying "Don't offer me a ride today. I drove my own car."

Real Engineers' politics run towards acquiring a parking space with their name on it and an office with a window.
Real Techs park in the space with the Engineers name on it and build the tower blocking their office window.

Real Engineers know the "ABC's of Infrared" from A to B.
Real Techs know that there are 3 letters in "ABC" and have to figure out were the C that was left out goes.

Real Engineers rotate their tyres for laughs.
Real Techs let the air out of the Engineers tires for laughs.(watch them try to re-engineer it, instead of fix it.)

Real Engineers will make four sets of drawings (with seven revisions) before making a bird bath.
Real Techs have to make the bird baths out of chicken wire and then make it hold water according to the Engineering drawings.

Real Engineers' briefcases contain a Phillips screwdriver, a copy of "Quantum Physics", and a half of a peanut butter sandwich.
Real Techs have vans full of tools, a PlayBoy under the seat, and eat at fast food restaurants.

Real Engineers don't find the above at all funny.
Real techs don’t find Engineers all that funny.
Real Techs...