View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 03:02 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: Front Look Design Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
The S14 bumper strikes me as very close to what will work with the SVX, and I'll add a few pics below to illustrate.

But first I've borrowed some images from Danny's Photo Folder, I hope you don't mind Danny, because I have noticed that Danny's design owes a lot to the early Cloud style, which does work quite well on the SVX, although I think it could have been better for small changes.

This is Danny's design before paint, and I think it is exceptionally well done. Individual pillars are quite slender, and I would have liked it better if he kept the lower tray black rather than silver.

My main disapproval of it though is because it does not recess back from the nose, but drops vertically to end up looking like a snow plough.

Just to prove how attractive the S14 bumper can look, check out this model from Danny's photos, with handsome clear indicators:

No, seriously guys, look again, there is an S14 bumper in the picture. To the right of the picture.

Joe
No worries Joe, I do not mind at all.

You are right, the front splitter is not my pride and joy, but the bumper, I think this is the only one that looks excellent on the SVX. I didn't copy any Cloud design with it, it was just something I imagined from the 2002 WRX bumper and I ended up making a copy of the bumper and integrate it in the SVX. BTW, this is all fiberglass and not FG over plastic BS.

The good thing about that splitter is that it is bolted to the bumper. Just in case it gets damaged, I will remove it alone and redo it. But when I get back, I have a huge project for the SS, and will definitely be upgrading the front splitter, even the front bumper. The real surprise will be the rear bumper though

You are right about the S14 splitter in the last photo, I guess the clear vertical corner looks sexy from that angle, that is a must

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.