Old 11-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Front Look Design Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamesy View Post
i wasnt going to model after that specific one i just d quick pic but essentially doing the S14 silvia but it'll be a work in progress
The S14 bumper strikes me as very close to what will work with the SVX, and I'll add a few pics below to illustrate.

But first I've borrowed some images from Danny's Photo Folder, I hope you don't mind Danny, because I have noticed that Danny's design owes a lot to the early Cloud style, which does work quite well on the SVX, although I think it could have been better for small changes.

This is Danny's design before paint, and I think it is exceptionally well done. Individual pillars are quite slender, and I would have liked it better if he kept the lower tray black rather than silver.

My main disapproval of it though is because it does not recess back from the nose, but drops vertically to end up looking like a snow plough.

Now this is an S14 [Ks '96-97 model] in white which shows it to be close to what would fit and suit the SVX. It needs to be less deep to avoid speedbump damage, and possibly the vertical pillars could be slimmer. I would use the lovely indicators, nice feature showing off the curvature.

Now this one is an S15 in white, and although broadly similar in design, it is much chunkier and heavy and would not suit the SVX as well as the S14. It also is too deep, it would incur bump and kerb damage because the SVX suspension travel is longer than the Nissan.

Just to prove how attractive the S14 bumper can look, check out this model from Danny's photos, with handsome clear indicators:

No, seriously guys, look again, there is an S14 bumper in the picture. To the right of the picture.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Last edited by svxistentialist; 11-02-2009 at 05:18 PM.