View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: August 16-17 - Summer Sizzler Autocross (Cumberland Airport)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugBomb View Post
She must have made up that difference somewhere other than the straight. I was working the course for her runs and I told her to use 3rd gear for the straight. She has been trying to get used to the car, but she doesn't like to switch back and forth between gears a lot, so she ended up riding the rev-limiter in 2nd down the whole straight away on every run. I think she did pretty well considering her experience level with the car. It's pretty intimidating at first.

That Celica all-trac was definitely sick. I was quite envious of his tires (kinda like Bill's). We have yet to put a worthy set of tires on our Impreza. I'm happy with being only 1/2 a second away from a car running newer, better Hoosiers that are 40mm wider at every corner. I am also happy that I managed to beat all of the Cobras in Raw time on Sunday. Never done that before! I think I was just as surprised as they were.
Mike,
went to your web page via the link in your addy -- does your car really have an STi 6 spd in it? And does it actually run in the 13s in the 1/4?
-Bill (slowly, but surely remembering what it means to go fast )

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker