View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 07:22 AM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
hmmm... I thought I replied to this last night....

My first year of AX was in my 97 Leg Sedan with an AT. Depending on your competition, you can be somewhat competitive.

The nice thing about starting with this car is that you will run out of power before you run out of skill. You can concentrate on your turning and braking without having to learn to control the gas. It also forces you to learn to keep as much speed through a corner because you don't have huge power to compensate for over braking.

I ran on whatever all terrain tires I had on it at the time, on the way to the event I'd stop at a gas station and fill them to 45/42 and then slowly leave out air to keep that pressure as I heated them up.

Go out, have a blast and learn lots.

There is a guy that races a H stock Legacy wagon in the Philly region, I've seen him a couple times at the State championships and he was within a few tenths of a National level driver in a Mini. Now he had the most tire he could use and stay in stock as well as the most suspension tuning he could do and stay stock, but the car can be competitive...