View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 06:49 AM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX
Re: Gene's DIY CAI thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookin4SVX View Post
Ok, so to clean the filter you go at it from the wheel well, by removing the wheel and the wheel well liner?
This is a problem for me. The previous owner had the bumper repaired. When they repaired it they did a really half ass job on it. They made some new supports out of metal bits, and then riveted the fender liner to it and to the car. So my passenger wheel liner is no longer removable.

My oil is changed by a shop, and my tires are rotated by the tire place.
I don't even own a jack.

The plastic silencer crap in the fender has already been removed.

Ok, accordion pipe is there so I don't break it with my shot motor mounts.
Yes, I was thinking like that polished B pipe. Guess I will wait till after I get new mounts.

There is many, many, many, a thread on NASIOC about impreza intakes.
It stated over and over again, removing the air box on an impreza, hurts performance.
The Cobb intake, the one that deletes the air box, has a large sweeping curve to keep the low end torque up.

I know very little about my svx, that is why I am asking. I was driving the impreza for 9 years.

LOL Don't believe everything you read on NASIOC. But typically they are talking about short rams. Those are terrible because they suck up under-hood heat. I have tested this stuff over and over using ECUTEK Delta Dash on my old JDM V8 STi/V7 6MT swapped, 20g WRX. And have more dyno pulls testing various parts back to back than you can imagine.

Now there are a few caveats but I really don't feel like getting into it. Besides until you get your car fixed properly, you can not benefit from this thread.