View Single Post
Old 08-20-2002, 11:36 AM

9/11 hit home and it hit home hard. i could see the smoke from my school. my grandfather, a retired fireman saw them come down from his front porch. my uncle a fireman in Union covered firehouses for weeks in NY. that weekend, i spent in Wildwood NJ at the fireman's convention i saw the fireman sitting in rooms with the doors open, tv on, just sitting and crying. my aunt worked on the 105th floor, but thankfully was to sick to go to work that day. my best friend served time there, serving food to the tired workers. my b/f and his brother spent time digging finding two fireman...dead..with their packs still on their backs. a friend of the family who is a police officer, died trying to help ppl out of the building as it came down. i have hundreds of Kodak pictures nobody would ever want to see. i am one hour from ground zero. this is not BS, this is apart of history and if turning your lights on for one day is a problem, then sorry for you. it is just a simple way to show that we remember...if that is to difficult for you then don't do it.

Kelli

there is one pic from ground zero in my locker if anyone wants to see it. it was taken one week after the fall
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.