View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 10:47 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

No. It would be a crime to enter the house, wander around, rearrange things or, take things over to the neighbor's house without my knowledge. A) Trespassing B) Theft, whether you kept the items or not.

It's the "knock on the door" to alert the occupant that you're there that's missing in your "hacker" scenario.
No, it really isnt. Hacker might probe a system to see if it has any unlocked doors or gaping security flaws, but then they'll inform the IT guys about it. I'm not kidding. This happens all the time. Hackers only deal partially with computers, being a hacker is about being curious as to how things work, wanting to learn new things, and even modding things. Everyone with a modded SVX here has hacker DNA in them. Everyone who has taken apart something to see how it works has it also. I suggest you start listening to Off The Hook.... right now the only place you hear 'hacker' is from the media, and we all know how they use it. Go ahead. Try listening to some of their shows. You might learn a thing or two.

- Rob