Thread: Tranny Issue???
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2004, 06:28 PM
Brock94SVX

Tranny Issue???

Ok... heres whats up... on the freeway cruising at about 60-65 in "D" i gently push on the accel to keep speed... and the RPM tach jumps 1200-1400 RPMS (up to 4k from 2100) and there is no wine of the engine or accel of speed... when I manually put it in 3rd gear (i feel it kick down and grab 3rd) and that RPM range at the same speed is about 3300-3500 RPMS... I put slick 50 in last week (I know bad idea), and had a tranny flush done today to try and solve the problem thinking the slick 50 cuased it... so no change after the tranny flush... now the problem is.. i am not hearing the engine wine up to 4k...(never did..humm.. if it was slipping wouldn't the engine rev a lil bit?) So is this a tranny problem or mabye a tach problem? I just changed the front belts also last week. Any ideas guys?
Just a footnote... when I do rev it out redline is like 6900 or so.. the rev limitor seems to kick back at like 5800 or near that. Nowhere near 7k. This is a FWD model I would have expected the tranny to go a lil longer than 101k. Though its had two owners before me one serviced it like a baby till 60k and the other no written records where found in the book after the 1st owner sold it somewhere in 99.

Last edited by Brock94SVX; 09-29-2004 at 06:32 PM.