Thread: Help please!
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2004, 11:42 AM
tmwfla

blue wire...

I haven't done any of the "blue wire" tests yet. I will do so as soon as I can. I'm VERY new to working on my cars myself. Changing the alternator is the first thing I've ever done other than installing the head unit in my SVX. I usually leave repairs up to those who know how, but since I've moved to Phoenix, the closest shop to me is 40 miles away or so, and I figure I have as much of a chance learning how to fix my SVX the right way, as the first-timers the "stealerships" put on my car if I take it in. Most of the service guys haven't even seen one of these, let alone work on them, so I guess I'm in the same boat. The advantage I have to them is that I know of these boards and can get good solid advice from knowledgable, experienced people who've worked on their cars themselves.
Plus, I'm tired of shelling out $500 everytime I just walk into a shop with my SVX when/if it has a problem. Mine has been extremely trouble-free since I bought it in '95, but now that it has 135k miles on it, things are going to happen every once in a while. Anyway, enough of my rambling; sorry. I'll try the tests as soon as I can and see if anything comes up and if I can decipher it and go from there.
Keep the suggestions coming if you think of others.