View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 09:48 AM

Re: Stupid exhaust idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagato View Post
My company sells high end exhaust systems for Porsche, Aston Martin, Ferrari etc. Most of them the owners request an exhaust with a Bypass system. So they can cruze and race with the same exhaust setup.

We made a deal with the German company www.capristo.de to sell exclusive these `dual` exhaust in the netherlands. The nice thing is, that they developed an electronic control box which controls the open or closing of the valve by the amount of backpressure that is generated. This can be programmed by the owner.

So in comfortmode, it goes open at for example 4.500 rpm. In sport at 2.500 rpm and in race mode....always open.

Normally these valve are controlled in Porsche or Ferrari by the engine ECU, and you cannot decide yourself when it is opened.

Because I own an SVX I have asked the owner of Capristo to make one for me. However they are in the middle of developing a new exhaust for the Ferrari F458. So it will take some time.

Have a look at 997 GT2 exhaust on my webpage: www.custom-concepts.nl
Sounds (sic) like you are idealy placed to comment on this then !! It may be that the SVX just doesn't produce a nice tone by design at any RPM, which would explain the overly silenced OEM system, but hearing Porsche flat 6's at full bore would seem to contradict that !!