View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 04:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to pipedream
question about questionable AWD

Some of you may know my beloved silver bullet has been smashed up like a pugs face- My svx obcession is strong and I can't go without the svx for much longer. I've been looking at a few, and right now the highest contender is a ebony 92 svx with 130,000 miles on it.

few details about the car, rebuilt transmission with auxillary cooler installed. im actually impressed with how the car shifts, much less clunking then my (rest her soul) silver. he also said he had had front differential (or some differential) changed out. this car seems FAST. i mean, unusually so. i dont quite understand it, but the pull it has seems much more fierce than what my silver use to do (which i thought was in prime condition).

the other thing i notice, is this that if i floor the ebony, it straight up spin its tires on the ground. granted the conditions were WET. but i just dont recall my silver svx really ever able to burnout its tires. even on wet turf. im no car pro, but it SOUNDED to me like it was the front tires spinning and not the back tires.

main point: does this mean the AWD is blown on this car somehow?

he wants 4,200 for the car, but i was thinking of offering him 3,000 grand for it due to a few of the bugs, including the suspect AWD function...

any insight would be welcome