View Single Post
Old 02-19-2002, 10:12 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mummert
I pretty much concur with the others. I was determined to get the low fuel light to appear, so I drove on E for a good 50 miles & was about to give up, when heading for a fuel stop, the light came on. Even so, I could only squeeze 15 point "something" gallons into the tank. At least I know now I could drive another 50-75 miles after the light appears.
Ron.
When I commuted in the SVX (30mi a day), I drove on a fill-up until the day that the gas light came on. Even if it came on when I left my garage in the morning, I knew I could get to work and back just fine.

When I was driving home from AutoFest, I tried to get all the way home from Evanston, IN on one tank. Using my GPS to show actual mileage left and estimating the efficiency, I figued I could get home with a little to spare.

I ended up driving for well over an hour, probably closer to two, with the gas light on. Then the GPS freaked out and I lost confidence in its measurements for the past few hours, so I wimped out with around 15mi to go.

I would have made it with, get this, exactly one gallon to spare.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE