View Single Post
Old 11-06-2004, 11:34 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248
And it's hard to believe you when many of your fellow "non-believers" "religiously" pursue the removal of religion from the world around them (with zeal and conscientious devotion). Christians have just as much a right to practice their religion as do you, so (and no offense to you in particular because i don't see you trying to get christianity banned) you need to tell your fellow non-believers to relax and deal with life rather than trying to ruin it for others.
Unfortunately that's the problem with being an atheist, there's no such thing as a fellow non-believer. I have my own ideology, and they have theirs. I tend to discuss issues of faith only with people who believe in something, whatever their religion may be.

On the issue of removing religion, if you're talking about banning prayer in the classroom. Honestly I don't see the need for it. I was Christian, and I don't remember ever being told that I needed to say a prayer at any particular time during the day. Actually, growing up I was always told to say my prayers before I went to sleep at night. To me, religion is a family thing, practice it at home, together.

If you are talking about other times where people have attempted to remove religion (ex. removing "In God We Trust" from money) I am torn on the issues. These have blended the line between religion and tradition. For some I side with tradition and think we should keep them, for others I think we should get rid off them. This is not the place for that however, if you wish to have more of a discussion it is going to be a private one.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300