View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 04:39 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by drivemusicnow

First i really don't think this was necessary... second of all, i believe theres MANY, MANY more people that deserve that disrespect than I do, and third you really don't seem to be in a position to hand out these criticisms..

Boondock beat me too the definition look up, but he has a decent point. however if you remember also, "religious freedom" is something we enjoy in the US... however if you look at some of the issues here.. SURE most christians are against gay marriage... so then they should not be in a gay marriage.. they shouldn't make it in issue for those who don't share the same beliefs. I understand how they don't like it, however civil rights of citizens should not be effected by religious beliefs of others. seperation of church and state if you remember. and if you look at some of the other issues bush is for, such as prayer in school commandments displayed in federal buildings, and federal funding of religious charities. all of which, i personally wouldn't mind. however MANY people of this nation would.
and my MAIN point was that his arguement was a total fallacy.
its this simple, really: the majority of the U.S. is Christian, so Christian values are what the masses believe in. i believe everyone has the right to be happy and do what they want, but unfortunately the masses who vote do not apparently. this country was founded on Christian beliefs and those beliefs still linger today.

if you moved to Saudi Arabia, you'd have a hard time selling bikinis because the majority of that country is ........ Islamic, who believe women should be covered up. i'm sure a small majority would like to wear bikinis, but since the majority rules, no dice.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)