View Single Post
Old 10-18-2001, 09:53 PM
deadeye95

Ahh, my check engine light

During the first year of ownership, I took my SVX to the dealer 2 times within one week for the engine light. Both times they said they found nothing, cleared the light, and by the time I got home it was on again. I figured out their game, either they were too incompetent to find the error, or they were too lazy to fix it. I put a business card in front of the light so I could pretend it was not on and drove it for another year. Finally one morning my car would not start, had it towed to the dealer, and they replaced the cam follower sensor(?). Cost me 50 bucks for the tow, but my problem was solved.

My fan temp sensor went out causing my fan to run all the time. Had a friend of mine's husband read the codes before it went to the dealer so I would not get screwed. The dealer told that they had gotten a bad torque converter code also. That little "problem" remains unfixed, but you bet they would have done it for me.

My light comes on regularly in cooler weather. This Tuesday and Wednesday within 100 yards of the same spot after leaving work. My relationship with this light has hardened me somewhat, don't know how long it would have to stay on (without other symptoms) before I would take it in.