View Single Post
Old 06-27-2003, 09:18 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Everyone - Let's not ruin this forum! I was one of the people that pushed for having this Off Topic forum and now I fear it is going to prove everyone right that didn't want one.

Rob - it was funny that you jumped on the opportunity to post about the Neon first thing when this forum appeared. I'm not sure what your intentions were, but I just prefered to think of it as some good natured humor, we all know your history here and it was cute to see you post about the Neon as soon as you got a "legal" chance to do so. You'll see I gave you a fair objective reply. But now you are letting everyone get to you and turning this into a flame war. You know you're not going to change anyone's mind, if you think they are ignorant just chuckle at their ignorance to yourself and don't reply.

Everyone else - You all knew this was going to happen. We should have just taken it as a joke, you have to admit it was funny after his 9 months history here that he would post that. Everyone should have just ignored it or posted something like "I could see this coming " and nothing more. Instead, we just have the old flame war like the old days, no one is going to change anyone's opinion.

The Off Topic forum I suggested, and probably the one that most envisioned, was simply a place to post the OT things we currently do in the Babble Forum. Things that let our friends know what is going on in our lives, Subaru news, maybe a question about what truck to buy, etc. It is not an excuse for a flame war session! Anything that would have been banned in the General SVX Babble for being to crass, etc, should still be banned here. I do not think our site needs a Flame War forum like some other sites have. Yeah one Neon thread for a tongue in cheek joke was fine Rob. Now lets drop it, you've made your points and we don't need any more threads on it. And this thread really isn't going anywhere productive either so let's all just shake hands and have a great weekend!

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...