View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 05:19 PM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist
Now it would be very sweet if the JDM set-up merely grounded one of these unused pins to impose full-time Power mode, maybe one of the 4 not in use on B66, who knows?

I will wait and see. If I can't find a JDM wiring diagram, I might try grounding each of these in turn to see if one of them turns on the Power light.

Thanks for the heads-up

Joe
Dammit Joe! Don't you ever read any of my posts? LOL I actually traced the wiring for the JDM TCU in my 94.

The power switch on the JDM car grounds pin 4. The SAME PIN as the economy switch on the UK/Aussie car. If you swap your UK TCU for a JDM one then your econ switch will become a power switch.

If you want a JDM diagram, take the UK diagram and modify it as follows:

(i) The switch connected to a4 is labelled "power" rather than "econ", there is no wire to feed the econ light on the dash.
(ii) The speed sensor 2, being a hall-effect type comes straight into pin a11 rather than going into pin a17, out of c6 THEN into a11. The circuit a17-c6 appears to convert the inductive signal to a hall-effect signal on UK cars. The JDM TCU seems to have this circuit but it is not connected.

Phil.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II

Last edited by b3lha; 09-01-2006 at 05:32 PM.