View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 08:28 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
There is a lot of fail in this thread. Some good...but a lot of fail.

Talking politics or religion on a message board is futile due to the lack of time to type what really needs to be said and the complexity of the subject. And then, in some cases, you have stupid people trying to talk about something they can't possibly comprehend.
Time? Time is the one thing that equalizes people on the internet. Anyone can take as much time as they need to draft an argument, cite sources, and consider rebuttals before ever submitting a post. Public debates where speaking time is handled by a moderator and runs less than a day, minutes-long news casts, and variety hour opinion-based talk shows are where time is a limiting factor.

I don't really believe in stupid people. I live with a person who has an IQ that is nearly half mine, yet when she applies herself she comprehends things well enough. The reason why it seems people are stupid is because it is rare for anyone to define their argument before they present it, so it is subject to various interpretations that can never be resolved.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.