View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Quote:
And a couple of years ago, I met Fabrizio Gugiaro at Concorso Italiano, and he said that of all the cars he designed, the one he actually drove was the SVX!
now THAT is cool!

Tranny and radiator were replaced already...those are the two biggest failures. When you test drive it, listen for the rear wheel bearings. Sometimes they go bad again and again and again, other times they never go at all. If th car does had bad wheel bearings, consider finding a used set of rear hubs that haven't needed the bearings replaced yet, as the hub itself can get chewed up from the previous bearing failures, causing problems with the new ones. Also see if they have any kind of service records or reciepts, that can be a big plus
Um...some really little stuff to look for.. Saggy sunvisors, sunroof may need a push to get it started opening..Center console button sometimes dissaperes, as do the doorsill plates. see if all the buttons that are supposed to light up do (The sunroof arrow buttons, the word security on the security button, and a few others dont) And most inportantly, make sure the wheels arent on backwards..otherwise earl will have a field day with any pictures you may post up
Anyhow, good luck with the purchace, hope you enjoy the drive as much as you did the first time
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten