View Single Post
Old 09-24-2003, 10:17 AM
tuzem

You are all right of course, but I still think that you can't compare the thrill of a bike ride to any kind of car ride. On the motorcycle you can feel the speed with your whole body. The accelleration is unbelievable! Those two get my blood pumping so hard that I smile for days after a nice fun ride! You just have to be extra cautious and defensive. That's all.

About it being expensive... yes, maybe there is an upfront cost to it to buy the bike but from then on it's super cheap! Imagine that.... in WA you don't have to have insurance on a motorcycle - even if you finance one. Your average motorcycle gets around 35-58mpg depending on what it is. Compare your SVX annual fuell cost to that of a bike.... Most importantly: Consider the Fun Factor - you're having fun while saving on gas and insurance

I did this in college when I had little money of course I stopped the insurance on my little Mazda and rode this Virago 535 I used to have for 6 months.... I paid liability insurance on it then which was $150 / year (what I paid for liability on the car per MONTH!!!). That was of course in the South... SEattle is not very biker friendly

-Nick

p.s. the only thing that can make me really appreciate my SVX is a longer bike ride and the comfort of my SVX leather seats