View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 06:48 PM

Re: Please Help! TCU code 25

I finally had a chance to work on the car today and I checked everything that was you guys recommended.

Trevor, I installed the TPS about a year ago but I still pulled out the multimeter and the TPS was at a solid 0.480v and had a smooth volt transition all through the range of movement.

Harvey, I found the two plugs on top of the bellhousing and made sure that they where all plugged in nice and tight. I also for good measure checked the connections on the left side of the engine, TCU and ECM connections.

Charlie, you are correct this problem is a PIA. I did as you suggested and checked the voltage at the 'b59 22 pins black yellow wire at pin 20' on the ECM with the key in the on possition and it was 4.59v.
At the TCU black and yellow wire unpluged from the TCU with the key in the on position there was 4.6v.
If I plugged the 16 pin plug back into the TCU and checked the same wire with the key on it was 4.60v

Unfortunitly I am still experiencing the same problem of code 25 and remaining in second gear.
I truly appreciate the help you gents are giving and any other advice or suggestions would be gratefully excepted.

Thanks again,
Paul

Last edited by hawaii-svx; 02-06-2010 at 01:45 PM.