View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Please Help! TCU code 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaii-svx View Post
After my SVX warms up and I drive it for 10 or so min, it stops shifting it just stays in 2nd gear, It wont shift up or down. If I pull over and restart the engine it will shift fine for a mile or two but then gos back to second gear and stays there. If I disconnect the battery and let the computer relearn it will drive fine for a day or two but then gos back to the same.
The engine is running fine. I pulled the TCU codes and came up with code 25 Engine Torque Control signal. To the best of my knowledge this is the code for the crankshaft/camshaft sensors but I have no idea what there test range is or if they are even the problem.
P.S. the car has shifted hard at very low speeds (2-6mph range) from 1st to 2nd gear for the last year or so.

Any help that can be given would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks, Paul
Hi mate, I would check for a loose plug to the TCU and down to the gear box at the rear of the engine on top of the bellhousing.
The code 25 is from the TCU finding a fault, when trying to signal the ECU to turn the power down. That is why you are having the hard shifts.
There could be a few troubles caused by a loose TCU plug.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.