Thread: Bosch Wipers
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 09:40 AM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
I use the Bosch Icons on my SVX with stock arms - had no problem fitting them although according to Bosch they won't fit. So I just cross referenced another subaru with the similar wipers specs to find the right ones.

Icon Driver's Side Wiper = 422A
Icon Passenger's Side Wiper =420A
Icon Rear Wiper = 418A

more bosch wiper info

To adjust the front wipers, its just a simple case of removing the rubber grommet and then the nut (#10 or #12?) holding the wiper to the car. (this is a great time to repaint them). If any rust has worked its way in there, I'd clean it up now and then place the wipers in the position you want them. Not sure what's necessary for the rear wiper as I haven't removed it yet (something to do this weekend, I guess).

Just remember to make note if you are in Winter or summer mode - so you don't surprise yourself later when you switch from summer to winter mode (I think that lowers the wipers so they don't sit on the glass but on the rubber stoppers). It's like 60 degrees here.. we don't really have winter in south texas.

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram