View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 05:10 AM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
Strangely, simultaneously when the button is switched to brighten the affected lights, the air conditioning button lights are turned off. These are not shown on the wiring diagram, so that i am unable to trace the circuit involved.

The only objective I can arrive at is that of a facility to brighten the clock and temperature indication, both of which appear to comprise a LCD . However it would appear that your car is different and I would appreciate advice on this.
This is normal, my car does it as well. That is, the green lights for the air conditioner turn off. The "Dimmer Cancel" is a function for daylight operation; so that one may have his headlights on but still have dash lighting at full illumination. I am guessing this is why they turn off the air conditioning lights (yet somehow couldn't figure out how to disable the instrument panel illumination).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
It could be a good idea to cover this latter topic as separate and in another thread, so as not to complicate this one.
Agreed.