Thread: Work Project
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2003, 08:54 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

for me, i would need a good test drive. that's how i ended up with my svx. they gave me the keys and said bye. i think that if they allowed you to take it for a day or so, you'll know if you want the car or not. most of the time you will know if you want the car once it's been sitting in your driveway for 5 minutes.

i hear that some of those bmw and audi driver's training days does well to help sell more of their cars. they get lots of happy customers that 'must' have one of their cars after their training day (which costs around $200 bucks for the day i think). if they can't afford it now, they'll still have the car in mind so they'll buy it when they time is right.

how about having a place in a metropolitan area where a manufacture can 'loan' out vehicles for a day or two? go talk to a local dealer to look at a particular model, put a refundable down payment to show intent of purchasing the car, have the local dealer schedule a time where you could pickup the 'loaner' car and drive it around for a day or two. the manufacture can have a small fleet of cars to test with. it'd be like the ride and drive thing with subaru sti's that they eventually crushed that was offered to employees and salespeople of subaru.

Last edited by Noir; 12-01-2003 at 08:56 AM.