View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 08:20 PM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx
I have never had a problem jump starting any of my cars, whether it was new to new, new to old, old to new or old to old. Follow these steps below.

1) Both cars must be off,

2) Hook up a positive jumper cable to the positive battery terminal of the bad battery,

3) Hook up the other positive jumper cable end to the battery terminal of the good battery,

4) Hook up the negative jumper cable to the negative battery terminal of the good battery,

5) Hook up the other negative jumper cable to a ground of the car with the bad battery. ****Do not hook up the negative battery cable end to the negative battery terminal of the bad battery, You may regret it if you do**** If you don't know what 'a ground' is, ask for help.

6) Start up the car with the good battery and let run for at least 3 minutes, revving occasionally.

7) Start car up with the bad battery after other car has ran at least 3 minutes.

8) Disconnect jumper cables in reverse order.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any mishaps, misunderstandings or mistakes you or anyone else makes in any attempt at the above instructions. Proceed at your own risk!!
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)