Old 05-26-2002, 05:15 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Just a suggestion.....

Quote:
Originally posted by wasions
It seems that my brothers and I had been passing it from person to person, but we all have (up-to-date) virus protection (either McAffee or Norton) and no one has been infected (nobody has seen it for the last several days however). We receive the worm, A-V deletes it, and it apparently goes out anyway. I don't believe you're in my address book Chris, but if ANYONE has received anything peculiar from me, I'd sure like to know about it. PM me or something. Thanks.
A lot of these viruses propagate and proliferate by using Outlook or Outlook Express address books.

I was recently sent one that I recognised as potential trouble, and isolated and dumped it before harm ensued. SOME of them, including that one, send messages to all un-opened mail addresses in your inbox. Poetic justice really, these would probably be spam if you have not bothered to read them. My mailbox would have no unopened mail. I tend to linger on them all until they change to opened, that way I immediately see how many new come in.

Just thought I would mention it, if you take the trouble to mark all as read, this type will not send out from your machine, giving your virus software a chance to find and neutralise it.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl